Brow Lift Plastic Surgery
What is a Browlift?
A brow lift is an operation to reposition the brows higher. This is sometimes combined with an upper eyelid lift (Upper Blepharoplasty). At the Swan we prefer to strive towards the natural look, depending on your anatomy, this may be best achieved with a lateral brow lift (lifting the outer eyebrows only). If you have minimal brow droop, a browpexy alone may be necessary. A browpexy is used to help suspend the brow internally through an upper eyelid skin cut. This can be combined with an upper eyelid lift. However, if you have significant drooping, then you will need a formal brow lift
How is a Brow Lift Done
The procedure takes about two hours. You will need to
The procedure is usually performed as day surgery, so you can go home the same day.
You will be given antibiotic tablets and pain relief tablets to take home so that you can be comfortable.
Objectives Of The Operation
The aim of Brow Lift Surgery is to exclude excess upper eyelid tissue (which is recognised by skin touching the eyelashes), eyelid ptosis (which needs a separate operation to repair overstretched levator muscle), and any eyebrow asymmetry
Latest Surgical Brow Lift Techniques
In the 1980s, the brow lifts were overdone resulting in the startled look. We now restore the tissues to their rightful place rather than over elevating them. Our improved knowledge of anatomy and long-term study of patients had led to improved outcomes for our patients through modern surgical techniques
How can I prepare for surgery?
When you decide to proceed, there are a few things you can do to prepare.
- Eat healthily by avoid excessively fatty foods and foods high in sugar.
- Stop smoking as this significantly increases complications rates. You cannot smoke for 6 weeks prior and 6 weeks after surgery.
- Stop all blood thinners unless previously discussed with Dr Hadi. Please stop any over the counter medications that might thin the blood. A comprehensive list will be provided during your consultation.
- Shower the night before or the morning of surgery with a medicated soap. These reduce the bacteria living on the skin and there is evidence it reduces chance of infection.
- Fast (do not eat anything) at least 6 hours prior to surgery.
Information about the Sutures
How Soon Can I Drive After Upper Eyelid Surgery
Plastic surgery before and after photos
When can I shower after Upper Blepharoplasty Procedure?
When can I drive?
When can I exercise?
When can I go back to work?
Best Plastic Surgical Outcomes
- Immediately after the procedure, apply the gauze squares we give you dipped into iced water. Change these regularly. You can apply these that night and continue the next day. Cool compresses are beneficial for up to 24 hours.
- Keep the head elevated after the procedure by sitting up on pillows
- Sleep on two pillows at night
- Avoid heavy exercise and lifting for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid pain killers which contain antiplatelet. Please check with us prior to taking medication not prescribed by us.
- Take the antibiotics we prescribe for you. These will last five days and help prevent infection.
- If you notice your eyes feel dry or are tearing excessively, you can benefit from artificial tears. These are over the counter and available from pharmacies.
- Come back for regular review as detailed in the next section to ensure your healing is progressing at each stage.
What about post-operative visits?
Please call the Swan Clinic on 9526-6885 following your surgery to ensure we have booked all your follow up appointments.
As our patient at the Swan Clinic, you will be well looked after and can always count on our honesty as we always have your wellbeing in mind.
Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
Please call the Swan Clinic on 9526-6885 following your surgery to ensure we have booked all your follow up appointments. As our patient at the The Swan Clinic, you will be well looked after and can always count on our honesty as we always have your wellbeing in mind. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.